Sunday, January 20, 2013

"How Do You Do It?"

I'm asked this or something very nearly like this at least once a week.

"How do you do it?"

Sometimes it's asked by a total stranger in a store.  It's often asked by people who thought they knew me.  I've even been asked by someone taking my phone order at Land's End.

I am asked in all seriousness.  And sometimes not so serious.  Many times it's been obviously malicious.  Most often it's not.  It's almost always asked with at least a bit of genuine curiosity.

"How do you do it?"

Maybe you have a question like this, too.  Ask it.  Really.  I wouldn't give you the 'go ahead' if I didn't intend for someone to take me up on the offer.  Think about it a bit and then go ahead and ask me.

How do I do it?  I hope to answer that question in a more organized way now.  Let's see how I do.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, I have enjoyed reading here and seeing just how normal you really are :-) Loved all you had to say and how you are passionate about your kiddos.

    Glad you started blogging,

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts and information! You have a beautiful family, and I look forward to the day that my family gets to meet yours (or what is left of them since they are growing up!!! ;) ). I would love to see a post on clothes. We only have 5 and the whole 'swapping out' clothes is a BIG job. Where do you get most of your clothes, how do you store them, swap them out, etc. Also could you do a post on laundry? :) I have the kiddos do their own laundry, do you have 'teams' for laundry doing on certain days? I'm sure you see my question. :) So when you have time, I'd love to see some post on that. Thank you for being willing to share!

    God Bless!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! We'll get to talk kids and bees and other crazy stuff!

      Yes - I do intend to do at least a few posts about clothing. It _is_ a huge job! But there are shortcuts and such that we have made along the way. And the puzzle of storing it all, off-season wear, packing & trips, ... There is just a LOT of things about families and clothing.

      Delete
  3. Tips about managing the herd on one income. By the way, love the blog! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Can do! I'll put it in my note of ideas.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited you started this! I love how you write and am fascinated about all that you do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete